Various aspects of the system’s configuration can be changed on the Account Configuration page. Navigate to Configuration and under the Configuration section, click on Manage Account Configuration.
Fig 1 - Configuration Menu
- Enable external file links? - Allows you to enter external links for a Document rather than upload the actual document
- Add header/footer text to print outs? Define the text you would like included in all printout headers/footers.
- Timezone - Set your geographic timezone.
- Locale - This will adjust the Currency and Date formats pertinent to your chosen locale. If you choose a locale that has a language other than English, the Date format will be presented in this language
- Base Currency - Base Currency for the account
- Financial year start - Set which day your organisation’s financial year starts.
- Financial year end - Set which day your organisation’s financial year ends.
- Enable security groups - Use this if you would like to use the systems security features, managing which groups can see which entities. See section 10 for more on security groups.
- Complex passwords - Enable the requirement for a user to select a password with 8 or more characters, one upper case, and one numerical character. This helps to ensure safer passwords but can be turned off to match your organisations conventions.
- User login session timeout (minutes) - Set how much time, in minutes, before a user has to log in again if they don't interact with the system.
- Enable forced user password reset adds extra security by allowing you to set the number of days before a user must change passwords. Set number of days in the Number of days before Users must change passwords field.
- Apply “Feature Visibility” to admins. By default, admin users can see all tabs regardless of security groups or feature visibility settings. Turn this on to make feature visibility apply to admin users.
- Password change after reset. If a user needs a new password it can be changed by the system administrator on the Users page. For added security, turning this option on would ask the user to select a new password when they first log on. This means that only the user will know their own password.
- Force Users to use two-factor authentication - If switched on, all Users must enter an authentication code to access the account.
- Number of days before Users must change passwords - Set the expiration length for passwords.
- Allow individual users to be added to security access fields - Enable single users to be included in the Security group drop down list, so records can be restricted to specific users only. If not set to 'Yes' then only Security Groups created will be displayed in the drop down list.
- Security Group Sub Tab Behavior - default for all accounts is option 3
- Not Linked (Security Group changes applied ONLY to future Sub Tab records. Sub Tab security is editable) - if selected, any changes to a records Security Group value will only apply for future Sub Tab records created. All existing Sub Tab records will keep their previous Security Group values - the Sub Tab record Security Group field can be edited.
- Linked (Security Group changes applied to All sub-tab records. Sub Tab security non-editable) - If selected, any changes to a records Security Group value will ripple down to all existing and future Sub Tab records - the Sub Tab record Security Group field cannot be edited.
- Semi-Linked (Security Group changes applied to ALL sub tab records, except where sub tab Security has been manually changed. Sub tab security is editable) -If selected, any changes to a records Security Group value will ripple down to all existing and future Sub Tab records, except if a Sub Tab records Security Group has already been updated - in this case, the existing value will remain. The Sub Tab record Security Group field is editable.
- Date Display & Dates with time display here you can format dates and times across the system, allowing both a dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy/hh/mm/ss configuration.
- Show currency values to 2 d.p. on summary show currency to 2 decimal places on summary views even if decimals are 0 (eg. £24.00)
- Short Formats for dates with times for when both date and time are displayed a short format can be configured in this section.
- Show currency values to 2 d.p. on Summary and detail pages show currency to 2 decimal places on Summary and record pages even if decimals are 0 (eg. £24.00)
- The number of days before a Contract's end date is set to 'due' - A contract is consider to be "due" if the end date is within a specified amount of days of the end date. By default this is set to 30 days.
- Display months remaining on Contract End Date - If set to 'Yes', a box will appear next to the Contract End Date field informing you of how many months or days of the Contract remain - Default setting is 'Yes'
- Auto Add Internal Parties - If set to 'Yes' when adding an internal Person to a Contract record then the system will automatically add the internal Party as a record on a Party tab.
- Label for Contracts without an End Date - default is set to 'Rolling' but can be adjusted to preferred text.
- Parent values can be selected as a Contract Type - When you create Contract Types you can create a hierarchy of values with Parent and Child values. If this option is set to 'No' then a value which is a Parent cannot be selected as a Contract Type. Recommended setting is 'No'.
- Parent values can be selected as a Contract Organisation Unit - When you create Organisational Units you can create a hierarchy of values with Parent and Child values. If this option is set to 'No' then a value which is a Parent cannot be selected as a Contract Type. Recommended setting is 'No'.
- Parent values can be selected as a Contract Category - When you create Contract Categories you can create a hierarchy of values with Parent and Child values. If this option is set to 'No' then a value which is a Parent cannot be selected as a Contract Type. Recommended setting is 'No'.
- Default internal people to notifications - If set to 'Yes', each time a new Note record is opened, the internal People already assigned to the Contract will default in the 'Notify' field. If set to 'No' then no values will be populated in the 'Notify' field.
- Hour of the day notifications to be sent cam be used to configure what time system messages such as reminders are sent to users.
- Reminder frequency select how often, in days, reminder emails are sent out.
- Send a single "digest" reminder email per person per day? If a person is linked to several reminders set whether they receive each reminder email individually or just the one email displaying all notifications.
- Allow users to schedule recurring reminders based upon completion date - If set to 'Yes' then recurring reminder dates can be decided by the user rather than the system automatically using the set defaults.
- Days to wait before sending Measurement Reminder - The number of days to wait before sending a Reminder to complete Measurement information.