SAML or Security Markup Language is an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorisation data between parties (in particular, between an identify provider and a service provider).
Intelligentcontract allows you to use our generic SAML plugin with any identity provider that supports the SAML standard.
How do I install this plugin?
Navigate to: Configuration => Plugins => 'Manage Plugins'
Fig 1 - Manage Plugins in Configuration
- The screen will open up and display all the available plugins that can be used with intelligentcontract. Choose the SAML option and click [Install].
Fig 2 - SAML Plugin option
- You will then be presented with an install screen with instructions and a series of fields to complete.
Fig 3 - SAML install field requirements
- Log into the identity service you use to retrieve the values required by this form.
- Your identity provider will require a Single Sign On (SSO) URL link, this can be copied from the instructions panel on the form.
- Enter the SSO login URL - this is the login page for your SSO provider, this must include the https:/ prefix - this will give the user a link direct to your SSO login page if they are not already signed in.
- Once you have entered all the information, click the [Install] button.
You are now ready to use intelligentcontract via your identity service
User Login Options
Once you have installed the SAML Plugin, you will be able to restrict how users can log into your intelligentcontract account.
Navigate to Configuration => Users & Permissions => 'User Login Options'
Fig 4 - User Login Options
You will be presented with a list of options to allow your Users to log into your intelligentcontract account. Tick the relevant box's that apply, and press [Save].
Fig 5 - User Login Options
By restricting users to login with the Generic SAML only, you are then able to control access to your intelligentcontract account. Only users that have access to the identity service will now have access to Intelligentcontract.
Where can I get further help?
Further information about SAML is available via the [More Info] button, and there is a direct link to the SAML Wiki page via the [Help and Support] button. You can also contact us here at support.intelligentcontract.com, and we will be happy to help you.