Its important that your account with Intelligentcontract.com remains secure. In line with other cloud based services we have introduced the option to secure your account with Two Factor Authentication.
What is 2-factor Authentication?
By default, your Intelligentcontract.com account is accessed using a username (normally your email address) and a password. When a user switches on this feature for their account they will be prompted for a 6-digit number. This number is generated on a smart device and changes every 30 seconds. If the user types the correct number access is granted. Username/password and this second level of security based on a 6-digit number is what is known as Two Factor Authentication.
Switching on 2-factor Authentication
Each user has the option to switch on Two Factor Authentication for their individual login. To switch on this feature:
- Click on the profile icon and access My Settings
Fig 1 Profile Card
- The option for Two Factor Authentication will be displayed
Fig 2 User Settings
- Click on Enable Two factor Authentication to activate this feature
- Instructions on where to download the app for your smartphone device will be presented – the three major platforms of iphone, Android and Windows are supported. At this stage the user will need to download the App ready for use.
- A QR code (similar to the example shown below) will be presented on screen. While the downloaded App is open, the smartphone camera can be used to scan this code and set up the secure generator. The smartphone will now show the revolving 6 digit secure numbers
Fig 3 Scan example
- The account is now ready for Two Factor Authentication on next login