intelligentcontract allows you to make edits to multiple records at once using the Bulk Update feature.
Select more than one record in any of the summary screens using the checkbox's to the left and the [Edit Select[ button on the right of the screen will become available.
Fig 1 - Edit Select
The Edit Select feature has three options to Bulk Update records:
- Delete - Deletes the selected records
- Archive - Archive the selected records
- Bulk Update - Choose one or multiple fields from the selected records and change their values
Note: If you have the Approvals feature turned on then there will be 2 more options displayed specifically for Approval bulk update, please read this article all about Approval Bulk Update regarding their usage
Steps to Update
1. Select the fields you want to update. Scroll down the list of available fields and highlight one you wish to edit. Click the right facing arrow to move the field into the 'Selected Fields' list. You choose to bulk update as many fields as required. Click Next to continue.
Fig 2 - Bulk Update step 1
2. Set the new values for selected the fields from step 1. All selected records with these fields will be updated.
Fig 3 - Bulk Update step 2
Multiple select value fields (such as Organisational Units) have 3 methods of updating the data.
Fig 4 - Bulk Update multi selection
- Replace existing values with this selection - Replaces the values in the field with the data entered here.
- Add this selection to existing values - Rather than overriding the current data this option will add the values entered in this stage to the data currently in the field.
- Remove items in this selection from existing values - Rather than overriding the current data this option will remove the values entered in this stage from the data currently in the field.
3. Click Next to continue. The changes will now have now been made to the fields on the selected records.
Tip: Bulk update can be used for security groups too. Handy if you need to add/remove a security group from multiple records