A Person is created when they need to be assigned either to a Contract or other records in the solution (such as Approval Groups, Tasks, KPI's etc.).
Person Records can be created in two ways: either directly within the People option, or via a new or existing record (such as an Alert). By creating a new Person record from an existing record, it keeps the flow of data entry by not forcing Users to exit out of records they are currently editing to update the people database.
Creating a New Person record from the Navigation tab
- Navigate to People > Click [New]
- You will be presented with the Create Contract Person form. Complete the details as required and press [Save]
Fig 1 - Creating a new Person record
Note: the 'Party' field on the record is not system mandatory but we recommend that this is completed. This is where you assign which company that this Person works for. This might be an internal or external company. If you do not complete this field, then this person will be classed as an 'External' person.
This will affect you if you are using 'Roles' rather than actual people records when creating Alerts. If you have assigned a 'Role' to an Alert then only Internal people will receive email Alert notification, External people will not.
Creating a new Person from within a record
- Open up an existing or new record such as an Alert
- Click on the 'Linked People' (or other aptly named field)
- Start typing to search the database for an existing person
- If no Person exists, click the [+ Add New Person] option
- The Create Person form will be displayed as above
Fig 2 - Add a New Person
- Complete the relevant details and press [Save]
- The pop up form will close and the new person value will be displayed in the field
- Repeat until all required People have been crated and assigned to the record
Fig 3 - Added new Person record
TIP: New records can be added continuously to keep the flow of data entry. For example, if a new Supplier and Contact is to be added to a Contract record from within the Contract record, the User can first create a new Person record and from within that form, they can launch and create a new Party record.