To add new Users to your account first navigate to Configuration > Users & Permissions > Users. A summary table of all current Users on the system will be displayed, you can view and edit User details here. The columns that are displayed on your Summary screen view can be altered to reflect the information you require, please click here to learn more about Editing a View.
Add a new User by clicking on the New (+) button. A Person record is required first before the New User record can be created. You will be able to select an existing Person record from the system by clicking in the Person field, where a full list of existing People will be displayed [you can use the filter and search options if required].
If the Person does not exist you can create a new Person record one by clicking on the 'Add New Person' option at the bottom of the list and the Person form will be displayed. Fill out the relevant name and contact fields making sure that you enter a valid email address and checking the 'Enable Communication' checkbox to allow them to receive a joining email. Save the Person record and the value will be populated in the Person field of the User record.
Within the User Details section you will assign the new Users access rights, there are 3 types of Users:
- An Administrator User has access to the Configuration section and is allowed to change system settings, such as Changing Form Layouts and Creating New Custom fields
- A Full User is able to View, Edit and Create new data, but they do NOT have access to the Configuration area.
- A Read Only User is able only able to View data, Run Reports and Approve Contracts.
Fig 1 New User
- Person - Click in the field to select the Person you wish to create as a User [the search and filter options can be used]
- Username - Add a Username for the User - this is normally their email address
- Administrator? - Tick this box to give the User Administrator access
- Assign Licence - By default this is ticked for each new User created, untick and the licence is removed and the User will not be able to log into the account.
- Prevent Login? - Tick this box if you wish to temporarily prevent the User to log into the account - the User will not be able to access the account until this checkbox is unchecked
- Two Factor Authentication - Tick this box if you wish the User to use Two Factor Authentication to log in, please click here fore more details on this feature
- Read-only User? - Tick this box to assign Read-only access to the New User
- Start Date - Enter a Start date for the New User if required
- End Date - Enter an End Date for this User if required
- Password - You have two options for the Password setting, you can either:
- Email a "Set Your password" link to the User - if selected, this will email the New User with a link so they can set their own password.
- Specify password (Note: User is NOT sent a notification) - if selected, you will specify and confirm a password yourself and then manually tell the User what you have selected, this second option will not generate an email to the New User - so the first time you may be best using the first option.
- Shadow User - Rather than passing around each others password, the Shadowing functionality is where you allow another User to see all the Contracts this Person normally sees, assign the Shadow User using the search and filter options
Note: To create a standard Full User you just leave the Read-Only? and Administrator? checkbox's blank, all Users are created as full unless otherwise specified
Note: Users cannot be Deleted or Archived for Auditing purposes, if a User no longer needs access to the system simply untick the 'Assign Licence' checkbox and they will no longer be able to log into the account. Users without an assigned licence do not count towards your plans limit for total Users. This allows you to remove access for an unneeded User whilst still retaining the User on record.
Note: If you have assigned a licence to a User but the either the 'Prevent Login' has been ticked or the 'End Date' has been reached this will still count toward your User licences until you uncheck the 'Assign Licence' checkbox.
- My Supervisor is - If you are using the Approval feature, one of the Approval options is to 'Allow User to submit for approval using Supervisor Hierarchy' - to enable this then all Users must be assigned a Supervisor. Use the search function to assign a Supervisor for the User. Click here to learn more about Approvals.
Once you have completed all the relevant User field details then press [Save], once saved an automatic email will be sent our to the new User with a link inviting them to log into the account, new Users will be asked to change their password the first time they log in.
Note: If you try to assign more Users then you have a licence for then the system will alert you, you then have the option to either remove an existing Users licence and assign it to a New User or you can contact us on 0333 3443905 or email@example.com to increase your licences.